From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: Gentoo-Dev List <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] *-config tool renaming?
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:14:40
1 On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 11:10, Jason Mobarak wrote:
2 > Yeah... with this rational the g- naming scheme sounds like a good idea. I've
3 > been in several situations where I'm definitely not wanting to try and remember
4 > which tool could save my butt, it'd be nice to type g-<tab> and get a listing of
5 > all the Gentoo specific tools offered. Perhaps combined with update-* and
6 > config-* this could be really useful.
7 >
8 > -- Jason Mobarak
9
10 That was my goal in suggesting that the update-* tools be renamed
11 config-*. Because it's merely semantics in calling it an update or a
12 configuration, they're both really about the same.