From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Usage of econf with an additional || die
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 12:04:00
1 Ben de Groot wrote:
2
3 > So, can we have a nice little table of which functions die by themselves
4 > and which ones need || die added in ebuilds? Please?
5 >
6 > Thanks,
9 A quick grep of /usr/lib/portage/bin clues you in that every function
10 that is an external file does *not* die by itself. So, emake, do*, etc..
11
12 %% grep -c die * |grep -v ":0"
13 ebuild.sh:61
14 etc-update:14
15 isolated-functions.sh:18
16 misc-functions.sh:26
17 repoman:2
18
19 I believe this is because you can have those functions in a subshell and
20 then die won't behave predictably. I'm sure some PM people will correct
21 me if I am wrong. ;)
22
23 -Jeremy