From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in media-sound/umurmur: metadata.xml ChangeLog
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 13:51:07
1 On 12/26/2013 02:29 PM, hasufell wrote:
2 > On 12/26/2013 02:27 PM, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 >> On Thu, 26 Dec 2013 14:25:04 +0100
4 >> hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
5 >>> That is funny that you mention "cleaning up". I remember last time
6 >>> when you broke 8 ebuilds at once because you just trusted your
7 >>> outdated repoman warning to be correct. You didn't even file a BUG
8 >>> for me, you did not contact me and after I told you that it was wrong
9 >>> and that you should revert it, you didn't.
10 >>>
11 >>> That's what I call "ignoring the rest". You do not communicate, you do
12 >>> not file bugs, you just go and do stuff.
13 >>
14 >> That kind of behaviour is what the QA team is supposed to be able to
15 >> address. You should raise this issue with them rather than accusing
16 >> each other on the lists.
19 > He is in the QA team. And I don't find it worthwhile doing that thing. I
20 > prefer to contact people directly but it seems that did not work out
21 > very well.
24 Well, either fix repoman to not warn, or fix your workflow not to warn.
25 I don't find it worthwile doing whatever you're doing, so ... err ... right!
26
27 Fixing stuff (especially cosmetic issues) is faster than filing bugs and
28 then waiting between 10 minutes and 10 days for a response. I need to
29 cvs up and repoman full anyway, maybe check the Changelog to figure out
30 if it's this package that changed or the breakage is because of another
31 package (or profiles) changing. So doing an edit and committing is not
32 really an unexpected step from there and saves all people involved lots
33 of time.
34
35 I already file enough bugs, no need to file more bugs to fix issues that
36 shouldn't even be there. And don't expect me to keep track of exceptions
37 ... because then everyone is a special unique snowflake with a good
38 reason why breaking the rules is ok for this special case.
39
40 If you ever get bored feel free to work on reducing
41 http://packages.gentooexperimental.org/repoman-current-issues.txt
42 to an empty list, that'd be, like, greaaat.
43
44 And I'm just going to not consider why you're the only one who NEEDS to
45 be special and have repoman not apply ... because that way lies a
46 madness I'm not willing to tolerate.
47 (AutoRepoman has been running for 5 months now and so far there's only a
48 single complaint about me touching packages)
49
50 Have a divine day,
51
52 Patrick