From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ACCEPT_LICENSE revisited
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 20:02:17
1 On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 00:10:59 -0800 Donnie Berkholz
2 <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
3 | > So you're saying that the X maintainers have more important things
4 | > to do than fixing their ebuilds to follow policy?
5 |
6 | You keep saying it breaks policy but you've never actually cited any
7 | policy it breaks.
8
9 It breaks GLEP 23, which is an accepted GLEP and thus policy.
10
11 It also flies in the face of how everyone else does their thing. You
12 don't see one licence per package for anything else.
13
14 | And yes, I do have better things to do than incredibly boring tasks
15 | like this. I do Gentoo stuff because it's interesting.
16
17 That is not an excuse to commit broken things that hurt the users.
20 Ciaran McCreesh
21 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
22 Web : http://ciaranm.org/
23 as-needed is broken : http://ciaranm.org/show_post.pl?post_id=13