From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ACCEPT_LICENSE revisited
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 08:13:46
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 13:49:12 -0800 Mike Doty <kingtaco@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 > | The other option is to submit patches for X and KDE and Gnome to use
5 > | a unified license. At least in the X case, it's not that the patches
6 > | arn't welcome, it's that the maintainers have things more important
7 > | to do than cleaning up after the mess upstream made of the licenses.
8 >
9 > So you're saying that the X maintainers have more important things to
10 > do than fixing their ebuilds to follow policy?
11
12 You keep saying it breaks policy but you've never actually cited any
13 policy it breaks.
14
15 And yes, I do have better things to do than incredibly boring tasks like
16 this. I do Gentoo stuff because it's interesting. If this interests you,
17 submit a patch -- it would probably take less time than all the
18 complaining you've done about it.
19
20 Thanks,
21 Donnie