From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Going against co-maintainer's wishes (ref. bug 412697)
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 17:15:07
1 On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 9:15 AM, Rick "Zero_Chaos" Farina
2 <zerochaos@g.o> wrote:
3 > Perhaps this was covered already, but how exactly did this one file,
4 > added by your co-maintainer, hurt you? Did it cause additional bugs?
5 > Did it break a working ebuild? Did it kill your cat?
6 >
7 > It would seem to me that the co-maintainer (a person who cares that some
8 > users are interested in systemd enough to add one file to the package)
9 > made the package support a slightly wider range of systems (gentoo is
10 > about choice) and this affects you in exactly no way.
11 >
12 > What am I missing here? Are you just trying to force your will on
13 > others or do you have an actual issue caused by this commit? It is not
14 > for us developers to force one way on the users, gentoo is supposed to
15 > be about choice, your co-maintainer chose to support systemd, an action
16 > which as far as I can see didn't harm you, and helped some users. This
17 > has been a very long thread for something I don't get at all. Please,
18 > seriously, what am I missing here?
19
20 Thanks for asking this. After reading the 34 emails in this thread, I
21 still have this question as well.