From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Providing consistent means to enable tests requiring Internet access
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 21:58:14
1 On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 5:42 PM, Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Thu, 27 Apr 2017 16:14:13 +0200
3 > Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> b. those tests can easily be enabled, and that fact is recorded
6 >> in the installed package metadata,
7 >>
8 >> c. the flag can easily be used in RESTRICT="" constraint to easily
9 >> disable all the tests.
12 > I see that as a rather important disadvantage. Why would we want to
13 > record that in VDB ?
16 >> What do you think? Any other ideas?
17 >
18 > why not simply a new RESTRICT value ?
21 How would a new RESTRICT value help? There's no way for a
22 user/developer to disable a RESTRICT setting unless it is declared
23 behind a USE flag.