From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Providing consistent means to enable tests requiring Internet access
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 09:22:31
1 On Thu, 27 Apr 2017 17:57:30 -0400
2 Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 5:42 PM, Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
5 > wrote:
6 > > On Thu, 27 Apr 2017 16:14:13 +0200
7 > > Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
8 > >
9 > >> b. those tests can easily be enabled, and that fact is recorded
10 > >> in the installed package metadata,
11 > >>
12 > >> c. the flag can easily be used in RESTRICT="" constraint to easily
13 > >> disable all the tests.
16 > > I see that as a rather important disadvantage. Why would we want to
17 > > record that in VDB ?
20 > >> What do you think? Any other ideas?
21 > >
22 > > why not simply a new RESTRICT value ?
25 > How would a new RESTRICT value help? There's no way for a
26 > user/developer to disable a RESTRICT setting unless it is declared
27 > behind a USE flag.
30 What I was thinking is RESTRICT="internet-tests" letting PM skip
31 src_test if users disabled it, just like RESTRICT=test. But this fails
32 when one only wants to skip part of the tests.