From: Jason Stubbs <jasonbstubbs@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo internal structure
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 12:53:49
1 On Friday 21 November 2003 21:34, William Kenworthy wrote:
2 > as a user I'd object to that. I think that accept all is the best
3 > default as that would seem to be the most useful and popular path.
4 > Otherwise, you may as well install debian if you are going to force
5 > restrictions on people out of the box.
6 >
7 > Keep in mind that gentoo is about choice, and not forcing people to go
8 > down a minority path, but also to allow people to choose that path if
9 > they want to.
10
11 Agreed. If it were implemented, I'd also think that keeping the default
12 portage behaviour the same as it is now to be the best path. Otherwise, too
13 many "what happened?" type questions.
14
15 Jason
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list