From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: ssl vs openssl vs libressl vs gnutls USE flag foo
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 11:30:58
1 On 10/28/2015 12:23 PM, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
2 >
3 > A properly designed sub-USE flag would be useful here and clearly better
4 > than our REQUIRED_USE. I think REQUIRED_USE is fine for heterogeneous
5 > cases, but not when you have something like curl where you can either
6 > turn ssl on or off. If it is off, nothing more needs to be specified,
7 > if it is on, then you must further specify one and exactly one ssl
8 > provider.
11 Uhm, curl makes use of REQUIRED_USE heavily, otherwise the use_expand
12 would not work:
13 > REQUIRED_USE="
14 > curl_ssl_winssl? ( elibc_Winnt )
15 > threads? ( !adns )
16 > ssl? (
17 > ^^ (
18 > curl_ssl_axtls
19 > curl_ssl_gnutls
20 > curl_ssl_libressl
21 > curl_ssl_openssl
22 > curl_ssl_nss
23 > curl_ssl_polarssl
24 > curl_ssl_winssl
25 > )
26 > )"
27
28 With the providers syntax from exherbo, this monster would basically be
29 gone.