From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: ssl vs openssl vs libressl vs gnutls USE flag foo
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 15:11:46
1 On 10/28/15 7:30 AM, hasufell wrote:
2 > On 10/28/2015 12:23 PM, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
3 >> A properly designed sub-USE flag would be useful here and clearly better
4 >> than our REQUIRED_USE. I think REQUIRED_USE is fine for heterogeneous
5 >> cases, but not when you have something like curl where you can either
6 >> turn ssl on or off. If it is off, nothing more needs to be specified,
7 >> if it is on, then you must further specify one and exactly one ssl
8 >> provider.
9 >>
10 > Uhm, curl makes use of REQUIRED_USE heavily, otherwise the use_expand
11 > would not work:
12 >> REQUIRED_USE="
13 >> curl_ssl_winssl? ( elibc_Winnt )
14 >> threads? ( !adns )
15 >> ssl? (
16 >> ^^ (
17 >> curl_ssl_axtls
18 >> curl_ssl_gnutls
19 >> curl_ssl_libressl
20 >> curl_ssl_openssl
21 >> curl_ssl_nss
22 >> curl_ssl_polarssl
23 >> curl_ssl_winssl
24 >> )
25 >> )"
26 > With the providers syntax from exherbo, this monster would basically be
27 > gone.
28 >
29 Yes, we're in agreement. I'm saying I'm *trying* to do what exherbo
30 does the best I can but really dont like REQUIRED_USE for this.
33 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
34 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
35 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
36 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
37 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA