From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ATTENTION! Broken builds ahead
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 11:40:04
1 begin quote
2 On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 12:21:33 +0100
3 Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o> wrote:
4
5 > On Sunday 23 November 2003 00:34, foser wrote:
6 > > On Sun, 2003-11-23 at 00:06, Spider wrote:
7 > > > My super-secret plan is this:
8 > >
9 > > <super-secret plan>
10 > >
11 > > > Ain't It much better? ;)
12 > >
13 > > No, it's the same idea the other way around. As mentioned earlier :
14 > > in most cases it was meant as a transition flag. Transition done ?
15 > > Make the stable and maintained UI default. One gtk flag to own them
16 > > all.
19 > What about mozilla. The gtk2 version of galeon is certainly not yet up
20 > to par with the gtk1 version. I certainly want to be able to continue
21 > to use the gtk1 galeon.
22
23 Mozilla will keep with its gtk 1.2 UI until all things who depend on it
24 are ready. Galeon 1.3 is still under development and masked, so it will
25 not superseed the old galeon.
26
27 However , when gtk2 is the default USE flag we need to implement the
28 check from galeon 1.3 and epiphany into Galeon. (gtk version)
31 I dont intend to destroy the tree out of folly, even if it would be very
32 nice to rip out all "legacy" code ;-)
33
34 //Spider
35 --
36 begin .signature
37 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
39 end