From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Grub with nice graphics
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 22:38:49
1 On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 10:48:45PM +0000, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
2
3 > I was more thinking of the fact that we would have to write menu
4 > control-files (or what they would be called) for every app we have that
5 > would make sence being put in a menu.
6 >
7 > Also we have to figure out how we would do this in the best way, I'm
8 > personally not a fan of Debians "Debian"-menu that show up under every
9 > category. I think that many users might find it confusing to have
10 > something like:
11 >
12 > Mainmenu
13 > Apps
14 > ...
15 > Graphics
16 > Internet
17 > ...
18 > Debian
19 > Apps
20 > ...
21
22 My plan is to simply create an application registry, and then leave it up to
23 the Gentoo GNOME/KDE maintainers to tap into this information and integrate
24 these programs into the proper menus. I want to make the system as generic and
25 as flexible as possible so that we don't have to settle for a "Debian" menu.
26
27 Best Regards,
30 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
31 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org