From: Sean Cull <code_monk@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] multiple dependencies with installing packages from the CD
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 13:06:50
1 Hi Daniel,
2
3 Wow, a programmer that actually replies to his email? That's cool. I wish
4 our developers at work dd that =)
5
6 Now, you make reference to 1.0_rc4_pre3 , but the website says the next
7 release is 1.0_rc4. Did I miss a release?
8
9 But, anyway, that's good that it's being worked on. Other than that, I
10 really like the distribution. Especially ReiserFS. It seems much faster than
11 ext2.
12
13 Regarding the recursive package merge, couldn't one just modify the ebuild
14 script mentioned in your bash tutorial on IBM Developerworks and add some
15 lines in to check the dependencies, then if it needs, say, Gnomelibs-1.0.4
16 (or whatever the current version is), it searches the "All" directory for
17 the appropriate package and installs it before returning to the original
18 package you wanted to install. I guess this is how the FreeBSD ports system
19 works. Or would something like that need to be written in something other
20 than a scripting language?
21 If I'm totally wrong on this, sorry... I'm still learning =)
22
23 Cheers,
24 Sean
28 >From: <drobbins@g.o>
29 >Reply-To: gentoo-dev@g.o
30 >To: gentoo-dev@g.o
31 >Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] multiple dependencies with installing packages
32 >from the CD
33 >Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 11:27:59 -0700
34 >