From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Reverse use of Python/Ruby versions
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2017 23:16:02
1 On Sun, 9 Apr 2017 15:20:02 -0700
2 Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 > This could be partially automated using buildbot. The easiest would
5 > be for pkgs containing working test suites. Those that pass could be
6 > auto-enabled with that python with ~arch keywords. I think if a
7 > stable pkg is to be added the new python, it should be via a revision
8 > bump and ~arch'ing the keywords. But we could enforce the bot to
9 > rev-bump all ebuilds just as easily.
10
11 If the package failed, all that would need to be done kinda like now is
12 a given variable modified in the ebuild. Just marking what ever it did
13 not work with. As mentioned that could be done via my
14 ebuild-batcher[1], though same functionality is easily replicated.
15
16 I also have an ebuild-bumper[2], that could be made more advanced. I am
17 aware of ebump, but ebuild-bumper is a bit different. It works with
18 sets of ebuilds for bumps and cleaning. It can do individual as well
19 but so can ebump.
20
21 I plan to further automate ebuild-bumper with something that tracks
22 upstream releases and attempts to automate bumps. Though even running
23 it manually is not cumbersome. Just prefer zero day as much as possible.
24
25 1. https://github.com/Obsidian-StudiosInc/ebuild-batcher
26 2. https://github.com/Obsidian-StudiosInc/ebuild-bumper
29 William L. Thomson Jr.