From: Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Ideas for gentoostats implementation
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2020 13:52:14
1 On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 03:39:24 -0700
2 Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > We would need that
5 > person/team to only enable their test system for gentoostats/disabled
6 > for deployments. Repeated failure to do that could result in that uuid
7 > being blacklisted. Part of the initial profile details for that
8 > vm/image would be some details about approx numbers of deployments
9 > (yes, subject to change. But useful to know whether it is 10-15 or
10 > 100-500. type of deployment ie: vm/docker/kubernetes/desktop/server...
11
12 If the UUID generation was how I proposed in my other reply: On a
13 voluntary basis, with ability for UUID's to have metadata about what
14 the information associated with them may be used for, one could also
15 have a metadata field indicating what /kind/ of user the UUID was
16 associated with.
17
18 Then people simply installing things for testing, and reporting results
19 from their test rig could have a "tester" flag associated with a UUID
20 used only for testing, and then we can exclude that data from the main
21 reports, while still using it as evidence that a thing may work for
22 some audience.
23
24 The submission rate for UUID's with the "tester" flag could be allowed
25 to be higher, because it no longer contributes to the overall
26 statistics.