From: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@g.o>
To: Danny van Dyk <kugelfang@g.o>
Cc: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] dev-lang/icc and dev-lang/ifc candidates for removal
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 22:44:44
1 Danny van Dyk wrote:
2 > Hi Brian,
3 > Brian Harring schrieb:
4 >
5 >>>Unless someone steps up, the intel compiler toolchain
6 >>>packages dev-lang/icc (intel cc) and dev-lang/ifc (intel fortran
7 >>>compiler) are prime candidates for removal from the tree; open bugs,
8 >>>primary maintainer is retired, and no devs have moved in to pick up the
9 >>>packages, let along touched the changeslogs in around a year.
10 >>>
11 >>>So, any takers?
12 >>>~brian
15 > In case there are no security Bugs, i'd like to ask you to leave them in
16 > for the time being, I'm working on getting the latest versions (8.0/8.1)
17 > of ifort (how it is now known) and icc into the tree. The only problem
18 > are my time constraints atm :-/. Though I have ebuilds ready, it will
19 > still take some time to remove some minor itches before I'd commit them.
20
21 Last time I started hacking on this, I was told to stop by the current
22 maintainer at the time (xtv), because he was going to do Major Changes
23 Real Soon Now.
24
25 I have an interest in keeping this ebuild in the tree, and would offer
26 my assistance to whatever effort Danny is engaged in.
27
28 Danny: Please put the ebuilds somewhere I can work on them, so that we
29 can get this baby working RSN;)
30
31 -- Karl T
32 --