From: Benedikt Boehm <hollow@g.o>
To: Michael Hanselmann <hansmi@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] qmail.eclass draft
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 11:23:33
1 On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 13:08:36 +0200
2 Michael Hanselmann <hansmi@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Hello Benedikt
5 >
6 > Sorry for my long response times.
7 >
8 > On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 09:58:17PM +0200, Benedikt Boehm wrote:
9 > > i thought about this, but i'd really like to see things like
10 > > qmail-spp and the gentoo qmail tarball be handled by the eclass, on
11 > > the other hand i agree that unpacking netqmail or qmail based on
12 > > $FOO is not the best idea. any suggestions?
13 >
14 > I really don't see the point of having qmail_spp_src_unpack and all of
15 > these qmail-spp related variables. There have to be different diffs
16 > anyway for other sources, making it more complicated with that many
17 > variables. Aren't you overengineering here?
18
19 Well, i think the unpack stuff could be handled in the ebuild, but i'd
20 still like to keep dospp, so ebuilds like vpopmail can install
21 spp-plugins in a standardized way..
22
23 > Now some things I noticed while going through, in no special order:
24 > - Why need_qmail? It slows down cache regeneration and is really
25 > unneeded.
26
27 yeah. will fix this soon.
28
29 > - In qmail_man_install you rename some manpages. Can you please add a
30 > comment on why you do this?
31
32 done.
33
34 > - You're very inconsistent with variable quoting. Please quote them
35 > everywhere except the places where you're absolutly sure there will
36 > be no spaces (or other special characters) in them. Maybe the original
37 > netqmail has some of these issues, too, but now we can fix them.
38
39 done (at least in the eclass)
40
41 > - Don't align stuff like on the last two lines in qmail_src_install.
42
43 done
44
45 > - The "use gencertdaily" thing in qmail_ssl_generate works, but
46 > doesn't look so nice. How about this?
47 > use gencertdaily && \
48 > CRON_FOLDER=cron.daily || \
49 > CRON_FOLDER=cron.hourly
50
51 done
52
53 > - Limit line length to 80 characters (with tabs at 8 spaces).
54
55 will look at this later
56
57 > - I don't like the custom tarball. How do you want to build and
58 > redistribute it without depending on a single person? Its sources
59 > need to reside completly on Gentoo infrastructure.
60
61 yes, i'd suggest to put it in svn, just like we do with the apache
62 tarball, and create a script for tar/upload etc.. probably most could
63 be copied from the apache script..
64
65 Bene
66 --