From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Portage sets support Was: Defaulting for debug information in profiles
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 21:55:14
1 On Thu, 20 Dec 2012 15:09:45 -0500
2 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3 > On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 4:43 AM, Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
4 > wrote:
5 > > On 12/18/2012 11:58 PM, Duncan wrote:
6 > >> I didn't know that. Last I knew, stable portage had special-case
7 > >> acceptance of @system and @world to prepare the way, but I hadn't
8 > >> seen that full /etc/portage/sets/* and /var/lib/portage/world_sets
9 > >> support was stabilized.
10 > >>
11 > >> If indeed it is as you say, I've even more to rejoice about! =:^)
12 > >
13 > > Yeah, it's only been in stable for a few months now, so lots of
14 > > people aren't aware of it yet.
15 > >
16 > > The current list available in portage-2.1.10.x, reported by emerge
17 > > --list-sets is:
18 > >
19 > > preserved-rebuild
20 >
21 > If @preserved-rebuild and the corresponding FEATURES=preserve-libs are
22 > now stable, we should create a news item about this.
23 >
24 > Otherwise people will still be running revdep-rebuild a decade from
25 > now, as this feature was never formally announced as far as I'm aware,
26 > and all the mentions of it were ages ago and not available to stable
27 > users at the time.
28
29 We really shouldn't... EAPI 5 is the way to go, not preserve-libs.
32 Ciaran McCreesh