From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ECONF-OPTIONS (Was: PMS EAPI 3 more or less ready)
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 17:32:38
1 On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 20:25:14 +0300
2 Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o> wrote:
3 > > Yes, and in the real world, if you change / whilst something is
4 > > compiling, things break.
5 >
6 > Except with dependency tracking they might not.
7
8 Disabling dependency tracking will merely change "broken, in a way that
9 may or may not end up being visible" to "broken, in a way that may or
10 may not (under slightly different parameters) end up being visible.
11
12 > I believe you forgot the topic of --enable-fast-install.
13
14 Really, I'm in the 'whatever' camp on both of the econf things. I'm
15 happy presenting arguments that have already been made, and debunking
16 any untrue claims I happen to notice, but beyond that on this one I'm
17 happy to just see it go to vote...
20 Ciaran McCreesh