From: Peter Volkov <pva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Moving HOMEPAGE out of ebuilds for the future
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 15:04:22
1 В Вск, 30/11/2008 в 14:50 +0100, Tobias Scherbaum пишет:
2 > In most (nearly all?) cases a HOMEPAGE change does also affect older versions.
3 > Does someone have an example where older versions stay at an old homepage
4 > and newer versions moved to a new homepage?
5
6 Yes. This is quite a common case when one upstream stopped development
7 of the package and new developer took it. traceroute, flow-tools are
8 just examples from the top of my head. I remember I saw more such
9 things...
10
11 Also sometimes it's useful to have different HOMEPAGE for different
12 versions.
15 And in general, Diego. What are you trying to improve with this change?
16 The original intention was to separate common information from all
17 ebuilds into metadata.xml. But obviously, HOMEPAGE changes from ebuild
18 to ebuild. Now if intention is separate some information from ebuild
19 into metadata.xml then, please, tell me what is the criterion for such
20 information? Why not LICENSE? Currently I don't think this change worth
21 our efforts...
24 Peter.