From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo-hosted code review
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2015 22:39:25
1 On 01/11/15 23:07, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > On 11/01/2015 12:44 PM, Michael Palimaka wrote:
3 >> There's been a lot of discussion about relying on GitHub for pull
4 >> requests and code review and such, so I have set up a Phabricator
5 >> instance against gentoo.git to see how a free alternative might work.
6 >>
7 >> ...
8 >>
9 >> What do you think?
12 > Thanks for working on this. I personally didn't like Phabricator very
13 > much when I used it, but I'm glad someone is trying out code review
14 > platforms. I could live with it.
15
16 Most of the code-review platforms are cumbersome and inefficient
17 depending on the purpose.
18
19 Phab has some nice ideas (gamification is one of them), but overall I
20 feel interacting with it less pleasant than interacting with github and
21 gitlab (both have different defects).
22
23 Personally I wouldn't mind having a gitlab setup if there is consensus
24 in going in that direction.
25
26 If we want to try to do something more simple, patchwork or plaid (from
27 truly yours =p) might be options as well.
28
29 lu