From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo-hosted code review
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2015 22:08:08
1 On 11/01/2015 12:44 PM, Michael Palimaka wrote:
2 > There's been a lot of discussion about relying on GitHub for pull
3 > requests and code review and such, so I have set up a Phabricator
4 > instance against gentoo.git to see how a free alternative might work.
5 >
6 > ...
7 >
8 > What do you think?
11 Thanks for working on this. I personally didn't like Phabricator very
12 much when I used it, but I'm glad someone is trying out code review
13 platforms. I could live with it.
14
15 The big question for me is, does the apache user have write access to
16 the gentoo.git repo? If it does, are we all comfortable with allowing a
17 bajillion-line PHP application unchecked access to our repo? That's the
18 serious problem I see with Gerrit, Gitlab and the rest.