From: Sam Jorna <wraeth@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gpg: signing failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 02:09:02
1 On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 02:35:28PM +1100, Sam Jorna wrote:
2 > On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 09:34:21AM +0700, grozin@g.o wrote:
3 > > On Sun, 11 Dec 2016, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
4 > > > On 12/11/2016 03:13 PM, grozin@g.o wrote:
5 > > >> gpg: signing failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device
6 > > > this might indicate a want for export GPG_TTY=$(tty)
7 > > I don't understand what has really happened. I removed my last commit, an
8 > > attempt to commit it again failed with gpg: signing failed. Then I logged
9 > > out of the box on which I have the git tree (I log in this box via ssh),
10 > > and logged in again. After that the commit succeeded.
11 >
12 > I was also getting some odd issues with commit signing, though it seemed
13 > to settle for me when I switched to pinentry-curses (since I use
14 > awesome), so I figured it was probably a local issue. Perhaps there's a
15 > wider problem here?
16
17 If anyone else is getting this, it seems to be resolved by exporting
18 GPG_TTY=$(tty) either immediately before attempting to sign or in your
19 shell ~/.*rc file.
22 Sam Jorna (wraeth)
23 GnuPG Key: D6180C26