From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gpg: signing failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 09:17:12
1 Ühel kenal päeval, K, 14.12.2016 kell 13:08, kirjutas Sam Jorna:
2 > On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 02:35:28PM +1100, Sam Jorna wrote:
3 > >
4 > > On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 09:34:21AM +0700, grozin@g.o wrote:
5 > > >
6 > > > On Sun, 11 Dec 2016, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
7 > > > >
8 > > > > On 12/11/2016 03:13 PM, grozin@g.o wrote:
9 > > > > >
10 > > > > > gpg: signing failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device
11 > > > > this might indicate a want for export GPG_TTY=$(tty)
12 > > > I don't understand what has really happened. I removed my last
13 > > > commit, an
14 > > > attempt to commit it again failed with gpg: signing failed. Then
15 > > > I logged
16 > > > out of the box on which I have the git tree (I log in this box
17 > > > via ssh),
18 > > > and logged in again. After that the commit succeeded.
19 > >
20 > > I was also getting some odd issues with commit signing, though it
21 > > seemed
22 > > to settle for me when I switched to pinentry-curses (since I use
23 > > awesome), so I figured it was probably a local issue. Perhaps
24 > > there's a
25 > > wider problem here?
26 >
27 > If anyone else is getting this, it seems to be resolved by exporting
28 > GPG_TTY=$(tty) either immediately before attempting to sign or in
29 > your
30 > shell ~/.*rc file.
31
32 I'd consider this a temporary workaround. The real issue would just be
33 workarounded with this, which is nice to get something committed, but
34 not so nice longterm.
35 I had similar issues, but it turned out some pinentry issues for me
36 iirc, so properly fixed by now and not needing such hackery anymore.
39 Mart