From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Tobias Klausmann <klausman@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Race condition in Netfilter triggered by glibc 2.9
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 17:28:53
1 On Monday 09 February 2009 04:33:54 Tobias Klausmann wrote:
2 > On Mon, 02 Feb 2009, Tobias Klausmann wrote:
3 > > If it works, I'll test drive it for a while and report back.
4 >
5 > I've been running a patched glibc-2.9_p20081201-r1 for a week
6 > now. Nothing broke and I've been unable to trigger the lost
7 > packet syndrome by using getaddrinfo(). I was still able to
8 > produce it by sending UDP packets myself, but that was to be
9 > expected.
10 >
11 > So in essence, the patch I mentioned "works". We could use it
12 > should we want to have a glibc 2.9. On the bug mentioned earlier
13 > (where I got the patch from), one of the glibc guys mentions that
14 > more work is planned for the resolver part of glibc, so this
15 > whole ordeal may pass us.
16
17 that patch is already in the glibc patchset, i just havent released it yet.
18 guess i could do that this weekend.
19 -mike