From: Anthony Gorecki <anthony@×××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Question on SLOTting libraries
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 00:07:24
1 On Wednesday, April 05, 2006 16:08, m h wrote:
2 > My question is how do other packages that build against a slotted
3 > library know where to find the library?
4
5 To the best of my knowledge, that is the responsibility of pkg-config.
6 Information about the supported libraries is stored in /usr/lib/pkgconfig.
9 > And how does one indicate which version to link against?
10
11 Generally, there is no need to do that in an ebuild. The software package's
12 configure script will automatically run pkg-config in order to determine
13 which flags must be passed to the linker. (Assuming that you are referring to
14 an application which is written in a variant of C.)
18 Anthony Gorecki