From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Stability of /sys api
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 02:14:30
On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 06:23:36PM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> Actually with all the hype about mdev these days, why not just use a 3 > year old version of udev (or maybe 4), that is probably what mdev is at > as far as functionality goes. Why not just fork udev from then and go > forward from that? What exactly are you not liking in udev that makes > you want to get rid of it so badly? What is it doing that bothers > people so much?
I'm wondering the same thing since once busybox 1.20.0 hits stable you will be able to have a separate /usr without an initramfs quite easily if that's what you want to do. When you emerge this version of busybox with the "sep-usr" use flag, you get a binary in / called ginit. Now just follow the instructions you got when you emerged it. William