From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Request for feedback on GNU Patch change
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 08:51:53
1 On 17-09-2008 10:41:07 +0200, "C. Bergström" wrote:
2 >> By the way, I'm against this stuff. I rather see a PATH solution
3 >> involved. Portage already has a DEFAULT_PATH, and if someone refuses to
4 >> install patch, one could always use a special directory with symlinks to
5 >> the g-versions, e.g. patch -> /usr/sfw/bin/gpatch such that
6 >> Portage/eclass/ebuilds don't have to bother about this at all.
7 >>
8 > patch is installed and I would agree with you, but in certain
9 > circumstances using the GNU tools are broken.
10
11 Then if that is the case, Portage/eclass/ebuild relies on that
12 brokenness. I'm not saying you should have the same PATH as Portage.
16 Fabian Groffen
17 Gentoo on a different level