From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [GLEP] Use EAPI-suffixed ebuilds (.ebuild-EAPI)
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 10:11:50
1 Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk> posted
2 fkiasm$3be$1@×××××××××.org, excerpted below, on Sat, 22 Dec 2007 06:35:07
3 +0000:
4
5 > Oh yeah I forgot, McCreesh thinks they're all idiots[1], so let's just
6 > do what he says.
7
8 > [1]
9 > http://lab.obsethryl.eu/content/paludis-gentoo-and-ciaran-mccreesh-
10 uncensored
11
12 I read the same interview and didn't take it like that, but regardless,
13 why are you dropping this discussion to a new low? Until you came along,
14 altho there was disagreement, people were at least maintaining some
15 civility in the discussion. Then you come along, and I see multiple
16 personal attack posts. That's not right, and until now, we'd avoided it.
17
18 Please apologize. Just because you don't agree with someone doesn't mean
19 you have to take it to the level you just have, and it does NOT help. (I
20 thank you for your agreement with me, as it happens, disagreeing with
21 Ciaran, on the users thing, but again, we had kept it civil. Here, you
22 aren't, and it doesn't belong on the list, and regardless of whether you
23 just agreed with me or not, you need called on it, and I don't see any
24 other posts doing it yet, so...)
29 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
32 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list