From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [GLEP] Use EAPI-suffixed ebuilds (.ebuild-EAPI)
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 20:59:13
1 Duncan wrote:
2 > Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk> posted
3 > fkiasm$3be$1@×××××××××.org, excerpted below, on Sat, 22 Dec 2007 06:35:07
4 > +0000:
5 >
6 >> Oh yeah I forgot, McCreesh thinks they're all idiots[1], so let's just
7 >> do what he says.
8 >
9 >> [1]
10 >> http://lab.obsethryl.eu/content/paludis-gentoo-and-ciaran-mccreesh-
11 > uncensored
12 >
13 > I read the same interview and didn't take it like that, but regardless,
14 > why are you dropping this discussion to a new low? Until you came along,
15 > altho there was disagreement, people were at least maintaining some
16 > civility in the discussion. Then you come along, and I see multiple
17 > personal attack posts. That's not right, and until now, we'd avoided it.
18 >
19 > Please apologize. Just because you don't agree with someone doesn't mean
20 > you have to take it to the level you just have, and it does NOT help. (I
21 > thank you for your agreement with me, as it happens, disagreeing with
22 > Ciaran, on the users thing, but again, we had kept it civil. Here, you
23 > aren't, and it doesn't belong on the list, and regardless of whether you
24 > just agreed with me or not, you need called on it, and I don't see any
25 > other posts doing it yet, so...)
26 >
27 I don't accept that I took it to that level, but I apologise unreservedly
28 for responding to it.
32 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list