From: Richard Yao <ryao@g.o>
To: "gentoo-dev@l.g.o" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Tightly-coupled core distro [was: Council meeting summary for 3 April 2012]
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 07:58:35
1 On 05/09/2012 06:36 PM, Greg KH wrote:
2 > On Wed, May 09, 2012 at 08:51:37PM +0200, Fabio Erculiani wrote:
3 >> I foresee a new udev fork then.
4 >
5 > Please feel free to do so, the code has been open since the first day I
6 > created it.
7 >
8 > Remember, forks are good, there's nothing wrong with them, I strongly
9 > encourage people to do them if they wish to, it benefits everyone
10 > involved.
11 >
12 >> If udev is going to end up like avahi is, this is *highly* probable.
13 >
14 > That's an odd transition...
15 >
16 >> With "avahi is ..." I actually mean, one single tarball blob depending
17 >> on the whole world and its solar system and galaxy.
18 >
19 > Hyperbole, how nice :(
20 >
21 >> Please stop throwing lennartware at people. FailAudio has been enough, thanks.
22 >
23 > The use of these terms is both rude and totally uncalled for. You
24 > should be ashamed of yourself.
25 >
26 > Seriously, that's unacceptable behavior from anyone.
27 >
28 > No one forces you to use any of this software if you do not want to.
29 > There are lots of other operating systems out there, feel free to switch
30 > to them if you do not like the way this one is working out, no one is
31 > stopping you. But for you to disparage someone who has given immense
32 > bodies of work to the community, and you, for free, is horrible behavior
33 > and needs to stop right now.
34 >
35 > greg k-h
38 Greg, would you clarify what you meant by this?
39
40 Your recent comments suggest to me that you did not mean what I thought
41 you meant.