From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] repoman and useless dependency.badmasked warnings
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2015 20:08:43
1 On 10/02/2015 07:49 AM, Mike Gilbert wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I am getting the output below when I run repoman full for sys-apps/systemd.
5 >
6 > It is basically telling me that systemd (which is masked in the
7 > selinux profiles) cannot depend on sys-apps/dbus[systemd], because the
8 > systemd use flag is also masked.
9 >
10 > That's perfectly fine and I suppose it is valid, but there is nothing
11 > I can do to resolve it and I don't need to be reminded of it every
12 > time I run repoman.
13 >
14 > Does anyone find dependency.badmasked useful?
15
16 Possibly, if I wanted to see dependency issues for masked packages.
17
18 > Can we remove it, or at
19 > least disable it by default?
20
21 Yeah, we should change it so the default is like -I/--ignore-masked.
22 --
23 Thanks,
24 Zac