From: Robert Buchholz <rbu@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI change: Call ebuild functions from trusted working directory
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 00:42:00
1 On Monday 13 October 2008, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 10:42:21 -0700
3 >
4 > Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
5 > > It seems to me that this is an EAPI=0 change. Since EAPI=1 and
6 > > EAPI=2 are just differences to EAPI=0, they wouldn't be voted on.
7 > > Since EAPI=0 isn't actually approved yet, council wouldn't vote
8 > > either. As it's a draft standard, this would be resolved amongst
9 > > package-manager developers and PMS editors.
10 >
11 > It's a retroactive change to EAPI 0 that requires changes from
12 > package managers and has security implications... Robert isn't
13 > requesting that we specify and mandate existing behaviour here, so
14 > it's not really something that should be left up to PMS to decide and
15 > enforce.
16
17 All package manager developers have implemented this change, and PMS
18 editors have not objected to adding it to the spec. If Ciaran is
19 uncomfortable with adding this change, I would like council to sign off
20 on it. If council will not add this to the agenda, please state so and
21 I hope the PMS folks can add it to the spec without a vote.
22
23 Furthermore, what are the blockers to vote on PMS as a draft standard
24 for EAPI=0 ? Is there a timeframe for its ratification?
25
26 Robert