From: Christophe Vanfleteren <gentoo@×××××××.be>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage GUI Front End
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 20:20:16
1 On Tuesday 28 May 2002 04:12, Corey Taylor wrote:
2 > Hello all fellow Gentoo and Free Software users. Allow me to introduce
3 > myself. My name is Corey Taylor and I am CS major at UMASS Boston. I've
4 > been very interested for awhile now in making my contribution to Free
5 > Software. Thankfully I'm finally acquiring the programming skills that I
6 > need to make a valuable conrtibution.
7 >
8 > First, I'd like to say that Gentoo is the best distribution I've used so
9 > far. Since I like it so much I'd like to give something back by
10 > attempting to develop a GUI front-end for Portage. Or if there is
11 > already a similar project underway, I'm more than willing to jump in and
12 > help out. Either way I'd like to work on creating a GUI front-end for
13 > Portage. I love the command line utils, but I think Gentoo could be more
14 > attractive if we had the option of using a GUI to administer the
15 > software on our systems.
16 >
17 > If there is already a project of this nature underway, can someone
18 > please refer me to the correct people to contact. If there isn't, I am
19 > willing to take the initiative to get this thing going. I've got some
20 > extra time this summer so now is an ideal time for me to do this. If
21 > anyone is interested in helping me out with code, advice, links,
22 > whatever. Email me at coreytaylor@×××××××××××.ca. Thanks all.
23 >
24 > Corey
27 > gentoo-dev mailing list