From: Corey Taylor <corey.taylor@××××××××.biz>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Portage GUI Front End
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 20:12:31
1 Hello all fellow Gentoo and Free Software users. Allow me to introduce
2 myself. My name is Corey Taylor and I am CS major at UMASS Boston. I've
3 been very interested for awhile now in making my contribution to Free
4 Software. Thankfully I'm finally acquiring the programming skills that I
5 need to make a valuable conrtibution.
6
7 First, I'd like to say that Gentoo is the best distribution I've used so
8 far. Since I like it so much I'd like to give something back by
9 attempting to develop a GUI front-end for Portage. Or if there is
10 already a similar project underway, I'm more than willing to jump in and
11 help out. Either way I'd like to work on creating a GUI front-end for
12 Portage. I love the command line utils, but I think Gentoo could be more
13 attractive if we had the option of using a GUI to administer the
14 software on our systems.
15
16 If there is already a project of this nature underway, can someone
17 please refer me to the correct people to contact. If there isn't, I am
18 willing to take the initiative to get this thing going. I've got some
19 extra time this summer so now is an ideal time for me to do this. If
20 anyone is interested in helping me out with code, advice, links,
21 whatever. Email me at coreytaylor@×××××××××××.ca. Thanks all.
22
23 Corey