From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] 'State of Gentoo' BoF session, Linux Symposium 2010.
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 17:19:27
Hi all,

I had hoped to send this before now, but the exact scheduled timeslot keeps
changing. It was already on the PR events calendar.

I'm running a BoF session during the Linux Symposium 2010 in Ottawa next week,
entitled 'State of Gentoo'.

http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2010/view_abstract.php?content_key=75
Extract:
=====
What's the present state of Gentoo Linux? $DISTRO is dying, long live $DISTRO.
What drives this perception of distribution status? Is it FUD, or is it a sign
of a larger problem?

This BoF will cover recent developments and activities in the Gentoo realm,
with a focus on the core distribution and services provided by the developers,
Gentoo Infrastructure as well as the technical and legal administrativa (Gentoo
Council and Gentoo Foundation).

Questions about progress on specific topics are warmly welcomed.
=====

Any other Gentoo users/developers attending?

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robbat2@g.o