From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ACCEPT_LICENSE revisited
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 23:41:08
1 On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 14:03:08 -0500
2 Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > It is used to mask the package, correct. When a package is masked, it
5 > gives the output of the license, or, if the license it too large (I
6 > think Marius set it at 20K) informs the user to read the license file.
7 > It also explains to the user that they will need to read and accept the
8 > license.
9
10 The limit was at 2k, however I've dropped that feature before I updated the GLEP as it would only cover about 35% of the licenses in the tree (the rest are >2k) and it would have major issues with non-plaintext licenses (and there are a few licenses using pdf, html or other formats), so now emerge will only refer the user to the licenses file by printing the filename (still need to decide if/how to account for licenses in overlays).
11
12 Marius
13 --
14 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list