From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [GLEP] Use EAPI-suffixed ebuilds (.ebuild-EAPI)
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 17:18:09
1 Piotr Jaroszyński <peper@g.o> posted
2 200712221550.44258.peper@g.o, excerpted below, on Sat, 22 Dec 2007
3 15:50:43 +0100:
4
5 > On Saturday 22 of December 2007 12:03:33 Duncan wrote:
6 >> If it were me the elementary school reply was made to, I'd
7 >> have felt it within my rights to ask for an apology. I therefore
8 >> considered the ietf remark a rather clever reply to the innuendo,
9 >> making the point delicately, while avoiding the loss of face challenge
10 >> asking for an apology presents.
11 >
12 > How is it fair that some people do their own research and some ask to be
13 > educated and for the discussion to be delayed?
14
15 I wasn't arguing that such was "fair". The world isn't "fair".
16
17 I /was/ arguing that (IMO) the elementary school comment was out of line,
18 and that had it been made to me, I'd have considered asking for an
19 apology. Instead, simply (re)stating that it's not something that can be
20 easily explained and that it was your viewpoint that documentation wasn't
21 needed (yes, I /know/ it's a restatement, there's no harm in showing a
22 bit of exasperation in having to repeat it by mentioning the repeat), as
23 Ciaran has been so patiently doing (thanks, Ciaran), would have (IMO)
24 been more appropriate.
29 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
32 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list