From: Marco Maggesi <maggesi@××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: My first ebuild: GNU Hello
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 17:44:15
1 [...]
2 > SRC_URI="http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/hello/hello-2.1.1.tar.gz"
3 >
4 > use
5 > SRC_URI="http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/${PN}/${P}.tar.gz"
6 > instead, as its less intense on maintainance (no need to update inside
7 > the ebuild for a simple bump)
8
9 Ok!
12 > KEYWORDS="x86 ~alpha ~ppc ~mips ~hppa ~sparc arm"
13 >
14 > Is that really right? has it had testing by developer on all the
15 > ~<arch>?
16 > has it really been in the tree for long enough to be deemed a stable
17 > ebuild on both x86 and arm?
18
19 The missing tilde before arm is a plain error.
20
21 I tested on x86. I do not have the opportunity to test the ebuild on
22 the other architectures. I tried to merge, unmerge and I run the
23 program to test that it actually works.
24
25 I did not find in the documentation the list of supported
26 architectures. As far as I can guess I suppose it will work. It is
27 not enough to prepend the names with tilde?
30 > Don't emake and econf both fail if they fail, making || die ""
31 > unnecessary and even impossible?
32
33 Sorry, I do not understand your question. I think 'die' is also to
34 give a better error reporting here. Anyway my src_compile() follows
35 the example in 'man 5 ebuild'.
38 > There's no ChangeLog in the directory.
39
40 Ah! I will add one.
43 >> I have a question, also: how can I figure out the good values for
44 >> DEPEND and RDEPEND? (Without reading all the sources, of course).
45 >
46 > configure.in is usually a good source.
47 >
48 > README too.
49 >
50 > And unpacking an empty stage3 and testing in works
54 > //Spider
55
56 Ok, thank you for your time.
57