From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] My first ebuild: GNU Hello
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 16:48:25
1 begin quote
2 On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 12:39:34 +0000 (UTC)
3 Marco Maggesi <maggesi@××××××××××.fr> wrote:
4
5 > Hello,
6 >
7 > I am looking for someone to review my first attempt at writing an
8 > ebuild. Please look at:
9 >
10 > http://www.math.unifi.it/~maggesi/portage/app-misc/hello/
11
12 SRC_URI="http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/hello/hello-2.1.1.tar.gz"
13
14 use
15 SRC_URI="http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/${PN}/${P}.tar.gz"
16 instead, as its less intense on maintainance (no need to update inside
17 the ebuild for a simple bump)
23 KEYWORDS="x86 ~alpha ~ppc ~mips ~hppa ~sparc arm"
24
25 Is that really right? has it had testing by developer on all the
26 ~<arch>?
27 has it really been in the tree for long enough to be deemed a stable
28 ebuild on both x86 and arm?
33 Don't emake and econf both fail if they fail, making || die ""
34 unnecessary and even impossible?
39 There's no ChangeLog in the directory.
43 > I have a question, also: how can I figure out the good values for
44 > DEPEND and RDEPEND? (Without reading all the sources, of course).
45
46 configure.in is usually a good source.
47
48 README too.
49
50 And unpacking an empty stage3 and testing in works
54 //Spider
57 begin .signature
58 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
60 end