From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] baselayout-2 stablisation plans
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 01:19:55
1 On Mon, 2007-07-23 at 22:24 +0100, Roy Marples wrote:
2 > On Mon, 2007-07-23 at 13:30 -0700, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 > > We'll definitely want the same version stable across the board. I'll be
4 > > sure to work with Roy and you to ensure we come to an agreement on what
5 > > to use and that we're all on the same page.
6 >
7 > Fair enough.
8 >
9 > Should I open a bug (when the time comes) just requesting the blessing
10 > of the arch teams or just unmask it anyway?
11
12 Well, the "best" for us is if it is already stable in the tree before we
13 snapshot, as that means it was tested and stabilized prior to our
14 snapshot and likely has more QA done on it before we even start the
15 release. If we can do that, then Release Engineering will be set and
16 we'll love you long time.
19 Chris Gianelloni
20 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
21 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
22 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
23 Gentoo Foundation