From: Markus Ullmann <jokey@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Project Sunrise -- Proposal
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 22:00:07
1 Ryan Hill wrote:
2 >> 2. People who contribute good ebuilds over a certain period of time are
3 >> allowed upon decision by project devs to actively help maintaining the
4 >> project. They'll be given commit rights for the project then. Same frome
5 >> above applies here: If we notice any abuse, we revoke access immediately.
6 >
7 > Would they be considered Gentoo staff, with everything that involves (quiz, etc)?
8
9 No, they are only given permission for the project. Becoming a gentoo
10 developer is a separate step and involves a full recruiting.
11 However, they need to do the normal ebuild quiz with one of the project
12 devs to be allowed to commit to the project overlay on their own.
13
14 >> 7) tag on bugs
15 >>
16 >> All ebuilds that are made available on sunrise get an InOverlay KEYWORDS
17 >> entry on bugs.g.o so that everyone, who looks at the bug, knows about it.
18 >
19 > Would it also be useful to also have a keyword to indicate that the Sunrise
20 > ebuild has reached the point where it could be migrated to the gentoo repo if a
21 > maintainer for it steps up? I'm thinking that would make it easy to get a list
22 > of all m-w ebuilds that are ready for the tree. Maybe a page listing these
23 > packages would also be a good idea.
24
25 Okay so leave a comment on the bug for now and later on we can follow
26 your idea here and provide a "ready to move over list" as well, which
27 seems quite a good idea :)
28
29 Greetz,
30 Jokey