From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic.sk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Project Sunrise -- Proposal
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 00:52:07
1 Markus Ullmann wrote:
2
3 > Okay, so after figuring out open problems (thanks to kloeri and various
4 > other people for help here), we now have a resolution that should
5 > satisfy all involved parties here. This should adress dostrow's demands
6 > as well.
7
8 Nice, I think this is a great improvement.
9
10 > 2. People who contribute good ebuilds over a certain period of time are
11 > allowed upon decision by project devs to actively help maintaining the
12 > project. They'll be given commit rights for the project then. Same frome
13 > above applies here: If we notice any abuse, we revoke access immediately.
14
15 Would they be considered Gentoo staff, with everything that involves (quiz, etc)?
16
17 > 7) tag on bugs
18 >
19 > All ebuilds that are made available on sunrise get an InOverlay KEYWORDS
20 > entry on bugs.g.o so that everyone, who looks at the bug, knows about it.
21
22 Would it also be useful to also have a keyword to indicate that the Sunrise
23 ebuild has reached the point where it could be migrated to the gentoo repo if a
24 maintainer for it steps up? I'm thinking that would make it easy to get a list
25 of all m-w ebuilds that are ready for the tree. Maybe a page listing these
26 packages would also be a good idea.
27
28 --de.