From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2017 21:36:36
1 Sorry last one, directed to Alec, but all should read.
2
3 On Mon, 4 Dec 2017 16:08:51 -0500
4 "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
5 >
6 > You could at least realize being here since 2008. If your not the one
7 > making it better. Maybe do not give others a hard time or creating
8 > more noise. I do not feel you are part of the solution I am sorry.
9 > You had close to a decade to make a difference. This is where things
10 > are and I am not to blame for Gentoo's entire community and/or
11 > atmosphere
12
13 Alec I am not blaming you for all of Gentoo's issues, nor is any one
14 person responsible. What I do fault you for is the situation involving
15 me since 2008. Which at many times you could clear the air telling your
16 side which you admitted then only on -core. You let things spiral, and
17 you started it all. Thanks, but I would appreciate an apology. It was
18 wrong and has had cascading effects for over a decade now. Hardly your
19 intentions then or now.
20
21 You made a mistake, and eagerly went to DevRel reporting me. Which
22 started a ball rolling no one could stop. That simple admission can
23 change the tide some. If anything will clear up the misconception that
24 I was kicked when I left. Less than a week or so after stepping down as
25 a trustee.
26
27 Requested retirement out of protest or disgust is not the same as
28 being kicked.
29 https://bugs.gentoo.org/135927#c7
30
31 Anytime an elected Trustee doing good work steps down mid term. Others
32 should wonder why. If they leave entirely after. Someone did something
33 to drive them away. Its simple logic. Much less show others respect
34 which I was never. Which continues to this day. People will disrespect
35 me before showing respect. Others take it to an extreme, and its all
36 tolerated because its me, wltr the drama troll destroying Gentoo who
37 won't go away. Despite the fact I did for years....
41 William L. Thomson Jr.