From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2017 21:09:01
1 On Mon, 4 Dec 2017 14:54:38 -0500
2 Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 > I think you make my point sir; not debase it. You did (and continue
5 > to do) many things, that are in fact
6 > valuable
7
8 What else may I have done since 08 had things been otherwise?
9 Gentoo's loss.
10
11 > However, you also contributed very negatively to the community.
12
13 That is because the community needs to change. The atmosphere is
14 negative without me. I was gone from 08-15. So I am to blame for that
15 period.
16
17 > This isn't a simple maths problem where as long as one does enough
18 > good they can offset the bad. I'm fairly confident the community
19 > doesn't want such an environment (and have repeatedly rejected it in
20 > the past.)
21
22 My simple math shows you have been here the entire time. Clearly you
23 are not capable of making things better. Yet had a direct hand in
24 making it worse. Good job!
25
26 You could at least realize being here since 2008. If your not the one
27 making it better. Maybe do not give others a hard time or creating more
28 noise. I do not feel you are part of the solution I am sorry. You had
29 close to a decade to make a difference. This is where things are and I
30 am not to blame for Gentoo's entire community and/or atmosphere.
34 William L. Thomson Jr.