From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: kumba@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE flag update for all (?) profiles
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 00:29:24
1 On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 18:48, Kumba wrote:
2 > Spider wrote:
3 >
4 > > Hello,
5 > > We would like to move "gtk2" as a default USE flag for all arches
6 > > that can do so. This is because of the last times few complaints about
7 > > epiphany and mozilla rebuilds, as well as the now far more mature
8 > > support of gtk2 in most projects that have it.
11 > > This has been a default USE flag for GRP sets for quite a while, and
12 > > should be considered a safe update, but I'm posting a heads-up.
13 > >
14 > > Unless I get vehement complaints and darn good reasons, I'll commit the
15 > > change in a short while.
16 >
17 > The change is in make.defaults I assume, right? How will this affect
18 > people running pure console systems?
19
20 It shouldn't affect them at all, since gtk2 was a preference USE flag
21 that would select between gtk1 and gtk2 support, much like the apache2
22 USE flag.
25 Chris Gianelloni
26 Developer, Gentoo Linux
27 Games Team