From: Dan Naumov <jago@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage directory hierarchy and XMMS visualisation plugins.
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 20:33:38
1 > In my opinion there aren't enough of them to warrant thier own
2 > directory.
3
4 I don't think they need a completely new directory. Having the audio plugins in media-audio and the visualisations in media-video would do the job nicely.
5
6 > Why would you search manually when we have emerge -s?
7
8 Because "emerge -s" only shows you things you know are already there, you must provide some kind of an argument like "emerge -s foo" to find something. When I want some new piece of software I've never used and possibly, never ever heard of, I would just emerge rsync and go browsing the portage tree using "cd" and "ls" just to see whats in there.
9
10 Sincerely,
11 Dan Naumov