From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Lastrite: app-pda/libopensync and reverse dependencies
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 18:01:31
1 > Sorry but it really matters very little whether maintainer acks at all,
2 > *if the package fails to build*.
3 >
4 > We're not talking about a single problem with a single package.
5
6 Yes, you are completely right regarding the ebuilds.
7 I do not dispute at all that masking them is a correct way of action.
8
9 However we are talking about interaction of human beings here.
10
11 What I was trying to say: _If_ you have coordinated this with the maintainer, it should be worth the effort to add two words to the email just to mention this. It would even strengthen your argumentative position!
12
13 In general, we have had the discussion a few times here already whether briefness/conciseness or politeness/additional information is more important. I agree that this may be a cultural thing. But then, normally the consensus is to rather err on the side of caution...
14
15 Cheers, Andreas
18 Andreas K. Huettel
19 Gentoo Linux developer - kde, sci, arm, tex
20 dilfridge@g.o
21 http://www.akhuettel.de/