From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Council Reminder for April 23
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 17:37:07
1 On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 23:21 -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
4 > Goals: Any unanswered queries? Figure out what to do with features
5 > receiving a "no."
6
7 I think the whole council should understand why something received a
8 "no" from someone, as they might be important technical (or subjective)
9 arguments against having that in EAPI-3, as to be able to make an
10 informed decision that is best for the whole of Gentoo.
11 I believe we have up to now just given individual stances on the
12 features - voting based on that doesn't really work right. It is quite
13 likely that almost all features will get a majority "yes" vote when
14 taken individually because not all council members have seen the
15 problems a few of the council members have.
16 So my point is that the whole of the council should consider the
17 objections of an individual council member, so that potentially bad
18 things don't end up accepted based on some kind of an uninformed
19 majority vote or concensus.
23 Mart Raudsepp
24 Gentoo Developer
25 Mail: leio@g.o